Facebook Badge

Friday, June 12, 2009

It seems that many of us live our lives going from day to day just sort of existing. For some reason it seems as though the same things happen to us or involve us over and over again. Have you ever felt yourself saying "why does this always happen to me?" or "why do so many bad things happen to me?" or perhaps "if it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all!"

You may have heard the 'definition' of insanity: When you keep doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results!

Or another I think applies: It's like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

Everyone who hears that 'definition' giggles when they hear it and the idea of drinking poison hoping the other person dies is just as silly. Nonetheless, we live our lives in much the same manner as described in those two thought-evoking statements.

Think for a moment about your many trips to the movie theater. While you're waiting for the show to begin, you see the white lite that shines from the projector onto the screen. Nothing to see other than the white light spreading across the screen.

Then, a film strip is placed in front of the white light and what happens next is that the movie is thrown onto the screen for everyone to see.

For most people, life is just like being at the movie theater in that each of us has a vast library of "life movies" within us, from which to choose.

Unfortunately, most spend the majority of their lives placing the SAME film strip in front of the white light thus having no other choice than watching the same "life movie" over and over again and it always has the same, usually unhappy, ending!

Imagine, right now, how wonderful it would be to put an end to the same "life movies", the same unhappy endings. Imagine, having a choice as to WHICH "life movie" to watch. Imagine being able to create new, uplifting, happy, positive "life movies" to watch.

It IS possible. It CAN be done! How does that sound to YOU? What are YOU willing to do to change your life?

Please, share with me about your "life movies" and what it would look like/feel like/be like to have choices.

Chuck www.chatwithchuck.net

1 comment:

  1. Your post is really amazing and true! Most people live dull life and do not do anything to change it... I guess everyone must find his/her own way to deal with that, to choose a better movie to live in... And I guess the best way to find one is to write a book/story! It happened to me when I wrote my 1st Tale Of The Rock Pieces, it happens now when I write/finishing my next The Opposite of Magic, it will happen when I write my next books too ;). They totally chasnged my life, I became more responsible to me and others, I care more for my health (physical and mental), laugh more often than before (especially after my book has been published ;), find positive thoughts in everything, etc...
    Well, I guess the same could happen with reading a good book and using one's imagination to apply the good things there in one's life? I strive to write that way so that kids and their parents could change their way of life, live healthier way of life, with better attitude towards one another, etc...
    Best wishes to all who want to change their live! Let the wonderful noise of the sea always sounds in your ears! (a greeting of the water dragons' hunters).

    ReplyDelete